As part of the ‘ScotRail in the Community’ initiative, a £40k annual Cultural and Arts Fund will enable communities to flourish. The ScotRail Foundation can provide grants of between £500 – £2k
Aim of the fund
To fund arts, community recreation, and sports activities in the vicinity of a train station or with a travel or safety theme.
The application must fit within at least one of the following themes to be eligible for funding:
– Promotion of performing arts, visual arts, literature, community arts, and cultural traditions
– Support for artists and artistic organisations to work with communities
– Public art e.g. sculptures in open spaces engaging with communities
– Play areas for children
– Provision of local activity programmes (including local festivals, civic weeks and galas)
– Increasing participation in sport and physical activity
– Sports events
– Sport outreach programmes
Who can apply?
The fund welcomes applications from individuals/sole traders and constituted community groups working in Scotland with an income of no more than £100,000 per year. You/your group’s most recent accounts, or in the case of very new groups, a projection of income and expenditure must be provided with your application.
Individuals may only apply if the project they are planning involves actively engaging or working with a community (by community we mean either a geographical community or a group with shared interests). Although the award can cover fees for an individual to deliver a service in the community, it would not support the purchase of equipment etc that would only further the individual’s private business.
Deadlines, 4pm on the following dates:
30 June 2017
25 September 2017
18 December 2017
26 March 2018
For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit https://www.foundationscotland.org.uk/programmes/scotrail-cultural-and-arts-fund/
Final deadline is Monday 26 March 2018 at 4pm