– By Design Grant
Looking to improve design, innovation and productivity in your workplace? Our By Design grant could help you succeed.
Small improvements to products, services and environments can create increased efficiency, big savings and huge opportunities for your business.
We can contribute between £2,000 and £5,000 to help your business re-develop processes, products or services – improving your business offering and assisting your entry into new markets.
We’ll support you through the process of discovery, definition, development and design – and help you create something truly transformative.
Who’s the grant for?
- Be looking to develop new products or services
- Be able to demonstrate the benefits of your project
- Be able to contribute at least 25% of the cost
- Be able to describe how the grant will take your product or services to market
- Qualify as a VAT registered company in Scotland (not based in Highlands and Islands)
If you are a social enterprise company, you can still apply as long as you are trading and VAT registered.
What can you use it for?
- Design a new product or service or improve the design of existing products
- Hire a designer to help improve your business
- Update your branding and packaging as part of a wider innovation project
- Get external research on what your customers really want
- Expert help on writing a design brief or blueprint
- Developing a user-friendly approach to new products