Community Culture Grants Scheme
Fife Council’s Culture Grants scheme aims to encourage and support creativity in local communities and will support activities in the following areas:
- Literature (includes writing, books, storytelling, readings, publishing)
- Performance (includes theatre, performance, drama, music and dance)
- Heritage (includes museums, libraries, archives and history)
- Audio-visual (includes film and video, radio, new media)
- Visual arts/crafts (includes art, painting, sculpture, crafts, design, fashion and architecture)
Please note: All grants are discretionary and only one application per grant scheme will be considered from an individual or group in any financial year (1 April to 31 March).
Who can apply?
Individuals – Culture grants from £50 to £150 are available to individuals of any age, who live in Fife:
- To take part in new cultural experiences and to make the most of the cultural opportunities on offer;
- who want to develop their creative talent and skills, e.g. you could seek support to help you attend a short course or conference, take lessons in something you’re good at, purchase equipment or research local history.
These grants are for you to do things you wouldn’t otherwise be able to do and we will expect you to tell us how your grant helped you develop your creativity and knowledge
Parents and guardians can apply on behalf of children in their care up to 16 years old.
Groups – Culture grants from £100 to £500 are available for groups in Fife:
- To start or develop creative activities within the group;
- To add to your group’s experience if you already have artistic or cultural aims;
- To organise a cultural experience for group members.
For example: Groups could pay a tutor to lead an experimental activity, buy materials, organise a visit to a performance, put on a film screening or create an archive.
Groups have to be constituted to be able to apply – except for groups of young people who do not need to be constituted but will have to provide a local independent professional referee who supports the application.
We will expect you to tell us how your grant helped your group develop creative opportunities for your members or for others in your local area.
Young people must write their own report and include comments from their named independent referee.
Before you apply please note:
Individuals can’t apply for payment towards a college or university course, nor can they apply for a short course that they have already started.
Please apply 8 weeks prior to the event / course being held and note that we may not be able to give you the full amount you apply for.
The Culture Grant Scheme is not suitable for individuals who earn a living from their craft eg artists, sculptors, writers, jewellery makers, etc, or who have received funding from the Visual Art and Craft Maker Awards (VACMA) Scheme.
Please Note: Groups or individuals applying to this grant scheme will be allowed 2 consecutive awards, then a rest year will be expected before they can reapply for funding assistance.
Advice on making an application
For advice or an informal discussion on Culture grants, please contact Karen Taylor on 03451 55 55 55 + Ext 442111 (Direct Line) or email at email@example.com
Completed forms should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or sent to the following postal address, for assessment and processing:
Community Grants Team
Community Learning & Development
Fife Council Corporate Services
Rothesay House (F3 South)
For general information on Community Grant Schemes please contact Mandy Rossiter on 01592 583334 or email@example.com