Fife Council’s Culture Grants scheme aims to encourage and support creativity in local communities
They will support activities in the following areas:
- literature (includes writing, books, storytelling, reading, publishing)
- performance (includes theatre, performance, drama, music and dance)
- heritage (includes museums, libraries, archieves and history)
- audio-visual (includes film and video, radio, new media)
- visual arts/crafts (includes art, painting, sculpture, crafts, design, fashion and architecture)
Culture Grants of up to £500 are available for groups
It is available to groups in Fife to:
- start or develop creative activities within the group
- add to your group’s experience if you already have artistic or cultural aims
- organise a cultural experience for group members
For example groups could pay a tutor to lead an experimental activity, buy materials, create a webpage or organise a visit to a performance.
Groups must be constituted to be able to apply, except for groups of young people who can apply but must provide a local independant professional referee to support the application.
Culture Grants of up to £150 are available to individuals
It is available to individuals who live in Fife:
- to take part in new cultural experiences and to make the most of cultural opportunities on offer
- who want to develop their creative talent and skills.
For example you could seek support to help you attend a short course or conference, purchase equipment or research local history. This grant is to help you do something you wouldn’t otherwise be able to do.
NB Culture Grant is not suitable for individuals who earn a living from their craft e.g artists, sculptors, writers, jewellery makers etc, or who have received funding from the Visual Arts and Crafts Grant Scheme
For advice on making an application please contact the Cultural Partnerships Team, Tel: 01592 583255 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply:
To apply for any of the above grants you must complete a Community Grant Scheme Application Form (either for Groups or individuals ) and an Arts Grants Supplementary Information form. All the forms and further guidelines are attached below.
NB All applications should be submitted a minimum of 6 weeks before commencing your activity or project.