Fife Contemporary would like to recruit a freelance curator/producer to undertake Stage 1 of our Containers’ Project
Free from a venue Fife Contemporary delivers activities across Fife through partnerships. We have declared Climate Emergency and the challenges facing the environment will be at the heart of our forthcoming exhibitions and events programme. An evolving project centred around shipping containers has included a pilot exhibition using a container and a touring pop-up banner exhibition about shipping containers.
We now want to contract a freelance curator/producer to move the project forward by completing a research & development phase.
In collaboration with the Fife Contemporary team carry out the following tasks:
- develop the project’s concept
- identify and secure at least one specialist and one community partner for each site
- identify container sites within 4 selected coastal communities in Fife
- develop artists’ briefs and recruitment methods
- devise delivery timeline
- devise programme delivery budget
- identify relevant potential sponsors and sources of funding
Knowledge & Experience required
- ability to work as part of a team and independently
- experience of delivering place-based/ community-engaged art projects and exhibitions successfully
- in-depth knowledge of current climate & environmental challenges
- commitment to addressing current climate & environmental challenges through the visual arts and craft
- knowledge of current visual art and craft practice, specifically relative to climate and environment
- experience of working with groups in the community
- knowledge of Fife’s natural environment
April – September 2020
Based on 30 days’ work over 6 months: £7,500. Some travel expenses will also be available.
As a freelance worker the successful applicant will be responsible for their own tax and NI, plus public liability insurance. Fee will be paid in instalments: £1,000 on signing of contract then £1,000 at the end of each month with a final instalment at the end of September of £1,500 following submission of a satisfactory report.
How to apply
Read information on the development of the project to date and then:
Tell us why you wish to undertake the project and outline your relevant knowledge and experience which would enable you to carry it out.
Enclose a current CV including a referee who we will contact in the event of our offering you the opportunity.
Send to email@example.com inserting Containers Project Curator/Producer into the subject line of the email.
We welcome and encourage applications from all sections of the community, and will not discriminate on grounds of race, colour, ethnic or national origins, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, or religious beliefs. To help us monitor our performance we will ask you to fill in a confidential monitoring form.
To discuss the project before applying please contact Fife Contemporary Director:
firstname.lastname@example.org / 01334 474610
Deadline is Monday 9 March 2020 at 5pm
Interview date is Tuesday 17 March 2020