INSIGHTS 7 – Botanical Theme
This short Reflections film of silversmith Michael Lloyd is one of several made by The Scottish Gallery to accompany an exhibition of his work, celebrating his 70th birthday in June 2020. We’re delighted to be able to include it here.
Cellist Sonia Cromarty (of chamber music duo High Heels and Horse Hair) describes the Heartsease visual score they commissioned from artist Hanna Tuulikki.
The Chantilly Codex is reproduced here © IRHT-CNRS, Bibliothèque du musée Condé, Chantilly (manuscrit 564).
Listen to Heartsease from the TRANSPLANTED project, played by Sonia Cromarty (cello) and Alice Rickards (violin) of High Heels and Horse Hair.
And finally, enjoy James Oswald’s Thistle, played by Alice Rickards and Sonia Cromarty (Music in the Meadow).
- View the series of short films by the Scottish Gallery about Michael Lloyd
- Henry Noltie’s blog
- Lizzie Sanders’ website
- Website for the Estate of Rory McEwen
- Lucy Skaer’s website
- Peter Freeman Inc’s website
- Talbot Rice Gallery’s website
- DCA Print Studio’s website
- Hanna Tuulikki’s website
- High Heels and Horse Hair’s website
- Musée Condé’s website
- Domaine de Chantilly’s website
- IRHT (Institut de recherche et d’histoire des textes)’s website