INSIGHTS 4 – Landscape
INSIGHTS 4 is the 2nd short film by Lines from Scotland curator, Amanda Game. In this one, she considers landscape art in Scotland, as illustrated by the work of several of the artists in the exhibition, but also broadening the theme to give some historical context.
Fife Contemporary is grateful to National Galleries Scotland, Aberdeen City Council (Art Gallery & Museums Collections), Sir Robert Clerk of Penicuik, private lenders, and the artists for permission to reproduce artworks here.
Below are links to various relevant websites for viewers to explore further the work of artists mentioned above:
- The Wilhelmina Barns-Graham Trust
- A select retrospective of Elizabeth Blackadder‘s work was held by the Hampshire Cultural Trust in Winchester and Basingstoke in 2019;
- Information about Ian Fleming from National Galleries Scotland;
- A recent commission by Andy Goldsworthy which took place over five instalments across the year at Nelson-Atkins Museum in Kansas City;
- A website dedicated to Ian Hamilton Finlay‘s Little Sparta;
- Little Sparta is currently closed, but here’s a link to their Support Us page;
- An overview of Ian Hamilton Finlay from Ingleby Gallery;
- Short film about Little Sparta, one of Ingleby Gallery’s weekly series of The Unseen Masterpiece;
- Photographer Robin Gillander‘s website;
- A website about Pat and Angus Macdonald’s Aerographica project;
- A book published by The Scottish Gallery about SJ Peploe;
- Works by Carol Rhodes in focus at A-M-G5 (click on the images which expand with further details);
- Carol Rhodes’ Estate.