Fife Contemporary gathers information about individuals in order to provide certain products and services (such as online shop sales, 2-weekly artists’ newsflash and monthly Programme News via Mailchimp mailing lists, artist grant & exhibition/project applications, and to enable certain functions on this website. We collect analytical information (log files) to better understand how visitors use this website.
WHAT DATA WE GATHER
We only collect data that is relevant to the purpose it’s being collected for & may collect the following information:
- Name (and sometimes job title)
- Contact details (such as email address and telephone number)
- Demographic information (such as postcode, preferences, and interests)
- Other information pertaining to surveys and special offers
- Details of your purchase to enable us to process it
- Application information (such as for artists’ grants or residencies & sometimes including Equalities, Diversity & Inclusion data)
- Website usage data
No credit or debit card details are held by Fife Contemporary. All online payments are taken via PayPal.
HOW WE USE THIS DATA
Collecting this data helps Fife Contemporary provide the service you have asked for, or understand what you are looking for from the company and its website, and how we can deliver improved services.
Specifically, we may use the data:
- For our own internal records
- To improve the services we provide
- To operate Fife Contemporary’s mailing list (Fife Contemporary uses Mailchimp, a 3rd party online service to which names & email addresses are uploaded)
- To process applications, such as VACMA (artists’ grants). The information on these is shared with the adjudication panel, and the content of the anonymous Equalities’ Monitoring Forms, completed as part of these applications, is shared only with Fife Contemporary’s funders as a legal requirement.
- To contact an individual in response to a specific enquiry
- To customise the website for an individual (SEE Cookies below)
- To send an individual promotional emails or mailings about Fife Contemporary services we think might be of interest
- To contact an individual for market research purposes
LOG FILES AND COOKIES – HOW WE USE THEM
Log files allow us to record visitors’ use of the website. We use Google Analytics to analyse anonymous user details from our website which we can then use to make changes to the site’s layout to improve the user experience. They also give us useful information about how visitors use the website and interact with it. Log files do not contain any personal information and cannot access a user’s computer.
The purpose of a cookie is very similar to that of a log file, except that it is a small file placed on the user’s hard drive that then enables Fife Contemporary’s website to identify the user’s computer as different pages are viewed on the Fife Contemporary’s website. Log files give basic information; cookies can give more detailed information.
How Cookies are Used
- Analyse web traffic (by using an analytics package – Google Analytics in this case).
- Identify whether you are signed into Fife Contemporary’s website.
- To recognise if you return to Fife Contemporary’s website.
Cookies do not provide Fife Contemporary with access to a user’s computer, or any information about the user other than that which you share with the company.
CONTROLLING INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
When an individual fills in a form at a Fife Contemporary exhibition or event, or provides their details on Fife Contemporary’s website via a sign-up form:
- They have opted in to receive further details about future exhibitions, events, projects and services provided by Fife Contemporary.
If that individual decides they no longer want to be on Fife Contemporary’s mailing list, they can be removed easily by:
- Sending an email with their details and a request to be removed from the mailing list to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Writing to the Administrator, Fife Contemporary, Town Hall, Queen’s Gardens, St Andrews, Fife, KY16 9TA with the request
- Clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of all Fife Contemporary emailed mailings
Fife Contemporary will never lease, distribute or sell personal information to 3rd parties unless the owner’s consent has been given or it is required by law.
Any personal information held by Fife Contemporary is stored and processed under the company’s Data Protection Policy, in line with GDPR.
LINKS FROM FIFE CONTEMPORARY’S WEBSITE
Fife Contemporary’s website contains links to other websites. Fife Contemporary has no control of websites outside the www.fcac.co.uk domain. If a user provides information to a website to which Fife Contemporary links, Fife Contemporary is not responsible for its protection and privacy. It is good practice to be wary when supplying information to websites and check their data protection and privacy policies fully.